Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Whimsical Wednesday


So, you'll never believe what happened to me today! A few weeks ago I entered a business sweepstakes online. I've always wanted to have a bakery, but money is an issue. There is an empty building here in town by the Tokyo House that Derek and I thought would be a great place to put it. Well, this morning a Fed Ex guy came to the house after I dropped the kids off at school and gave me one of those cardboard envelopes. I haven't been expecting anything, so, I was curious to see what it was. I opened it up and found that I WON! I won the business sweepstakes prize of $50,000 dollars! I was screaming all through the house!!! To have access to the funds I have to show proof that we will use it toward starting our new business. We are going to start a bakery!!!! Here in Ridgecrest!


So, my question to all of you is: Did I get ya';)


April Fools! Dreams can come true, but, we'll take the work road to get there :)

6 comments:

templework said...

What can we say but..."Oh Darn!"
We'd love to have a Super Wonderful bakery with your talent here in town!

...now where can we find the $50,000.00 to front end it???!!!

((HUGS))

kjha said...

All I can say, is if you ever do get your bakery, I hope you do internet orders! Fun joke...

Ratliffs said...

Ha, ha...I think I kind of believed you. I don't really like April Fools so I tend to look right past that 'holiday'. It was a good one though! :) I would've shopped there for sure!

Bri said...

Yes, You got me. As I was reading I thought why didn't she tell me when I saw her this morning? Feel free to check into my blog anytime. I found yours through the kids crafts blog and check into it every once in a while.

turning about said...

That was good. I totally believed it!

Megan said...

Don't know if you know it or not, but that story you told with such excitement and emotion is on it's way to becoming a reality.